Last updated: Tuesday February 26, 2013
UCONN seeks Web Designer
Posted: Friday April 13, 2012
NO LONGER SEEKING APPLICANTS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Job Summary: The University of Connecticut, University Information Technology Services (UITS), is seeking an energetic, proactive, self-motivated individual with strong technical skills to fill the position of Web Designer in the Enterprise Application Services unit of University Information Technology Services.
The University of Connecticut has been named the top public university in New England for over a decade and is ranked among the top public universities in the nation. The University of Connecticut is also a Carnegie Foundation Research University, a prestigious honor shared by only the nation's top higher education institutions.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of experienced IT professionals managing multiple applications and providing technical services to the University community. The Web Designer will analyze, design, develop and maintain web sites and applications. This individual will join a team committed to producing stunning web sites and applications for various university departments, colleges, and groups.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with clients to translate project requirements into functional, visually appealing designs for web sites and web applications.
- Writes the front-end code (HTML, CSS) to transform designs into functional websites.
- Performs maintenance and updates for websites.
- Assists with end-user training of applications as needed.
- Promotes a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment, working closely with all levels of the development staff.
- Authors testing plans for programs, sites and applications.
- Produces detailed and accurate documentation related to assigned tasks.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated web design experience.
- Strong portfolio of work in Visual and Interactive Design.
- Ability to hand code semantic, standards-based HTML and CSS.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- At least two (2) years experience in web design.
- Working knowledge of issues related to user experience, usability and interaction design.
- Working knowledge with writing clean code that meets accessibility guidelines.
- Familiarity with PHP/MySQL.
- Experience with designing CMS templates and plugins.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and graphics software.
- Experience in designing for mobile devices.
- Training experience focused on customers and staff.
Appointment Terms: This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate’s background and experience.
To Apply: Candidates interested in this position can submit a cover letter, resume and names and contact information of three professional references as separate attachments using Husky Hire at http://jobs.uconn.edu. Please reference Search #2012474 (Computer Programmer/Analyst 1/2- UCP 6/8).
The University of Connecticut is EEO/AA employer and in keeping with our commitment to build a culturally diverse community, the University of Connecticut invites applications from women, people with disabilities and members of minority groups.